Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Update on Things

If I haven't updated in a while it's because I've been extremely busy! For 1 thing, My daughter Olympia Laurel was born in the Christmas time. She came in at a mere 5 lbs. 12 ounces and 19 inches long. Her screams and cries, however, are immense.


Meanwhile, my other, slightly less attractive baby, Danger Country, is being serialized on the Studygroup Comics site. If you haven't read it yet, this is a good opportunity to catch it in full color. 


And while you're on that site, you can check out the blog entry I made there about coloring comics. If you ever wanted to know about my process, that is a good start. I'll be making some process blog posts on a new blog for my upcoming kickstarter subscribers. That's right, I'm working on a kickstarter. More details on that soon! 



And finally, if you've visited my site before you've obviously noticed that I redesigned it...At least most of it. I hope you enjoy this new design. I'd welcome your feedback.

Oh, one more thing. It looks like I'm currently out of the first printing of Danger Country. I want to thank Tim aka Teenage Dinosaur for having faith in me and publishing my first serialized comic. It's been a great experience to work with such a passionate and genuine person. However, due to purely logistical reasons, the rest of Danger Country will be published by I Will Destroy You, run by my friend Tom Neely (also very passionate and genuine). It's the first time he's publishing a single artist that's not himself, so I hope it goes well. We'll be starting with a re-printed chapter 1 and 2, combined in a single book we're calling Volume 1. We'll be publishing chapters 3 and 4 together as Volume 2 later this year, and when all the chapters are done, the entire series will be collected in full color! See you on the flip side.

No comments: